Cottage cheese is one of those things that I was sceptic about, it looks a little weird doesn’t it? Try these incredible keto cottage cheese pancakes and you’ll never go back to regular flapjacks! This berry topping gives the pancakes just the right amount of sweetness and your kids will love them too! Remember that berries are safe to eat while on the keto diet
The liver produces ketones from fat. These ketones then serve as a fuel source throughout the body, especially for the brain.
The brain is a hungry organ that consumes lots of energy every day, and it can’t run on fat directly. It can only run on glucose… or ketones.
To help with your transition to the Keto diet Amazon is offering a Free Trial to AmazonFresh along with $25 off your first order. You must be a prime member to get the free trial and its $10.99 a month after. You must be a US resident. Available in all major metro areas in the US and growing. Enter zip code when signing up to check for availability.
Keto Pancakes with Blueberries and Whipped Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 7 OZ Cottage Cheese
- 1 tbsp Ground Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 oz Butter or Coconut Oil
- Add eggs, cottage cheese and ground psyllium husk powder to a medium size bowl and mix together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken up a bit.
- Heat up butter or oil in a non-stick skillet. Fry the pancakes on low to medium heat for 3–4 minutes on each side. Don't make them too big or they will be hard to flip
- Add heavy whipping to a separate bowl and whip it until soft peaks form.
- Serve the pancakes with whipped cream and berries of your choice.