How is your Keto Diet going? I have a dessert for you. Cheesecake can be a little tricky to make but start off small then make bigger ones. Note that I have messed up a few before I got it, not to mention the number of mug-breads I have also ruined! Leave a comment and let me know how yours turned out.
To be honest I am not a great fan of cheese cake but with the cottage cheese it doesn’t taste as over bearing. Going on the Keto diet I quickly realise that desserts we gonna be a challenge so I adapted quickly.
Tip: What “KETO” means
The “keto” in a ketogenic diet comes from the fact that it allows the body to produce small fuel molecules called “ketones”. This is an alternative fuel source for the body, used when blood sugar (glucose) is in short supply.
Ketones are produced if you eat very few carbs (that are quickly broken down into blood sugar) and only moderate amounts of protein (excess protein can also be converted to blood sugar).
To help with your transition to the Keto diet Amazon is offering a Free Trial to AmazonFresh along with $25 off your first order. You must be a prime member to get the free trial and its $10.99 a month after. You must be a US resident. Available in all major metro areas in the US and growing. Enter zip code when signing up to check for availability.
Keto Cheesecake with Blueberries
- 20 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 EGGS
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp erythritol optional
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 oz blueberries or other berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter a 9-inch (22 cm) springform and line the base with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter for the crust and heat until it gets a nutty scent. This will give the crust a lovely toffee flavor.
- Remove from heat and add almond flour, sweetener and vanilla. Combine into a dough and press into the base of the springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes, until the crust turns lightly golden. Set aside and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Mix together cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and sweetener, if you’re using any. Combine well. Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Raise the heat to 400°F (200°C) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 230°F (110°C) and bake for another 45-60 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool in the oven. Remove when it has cooled completely and place it in the fridge to rest overnight. Serve with fresh blueberries.