This will be in three folds telling what is mediation, how to do it and then to set up a room or an area in your room where you can meditate.
What is Meditation
The exact description reads: Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness or focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. Wheeeew that’s a mouthful, in other words, that thing you do as a mom that makes you not kill your kids.
Benefits of Meditation
Benefits of meditation on the nervous system include:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved blood circulation
- Lower heart rate
- Less perspiration
- Slower respiratory rate
- Less anxiety
- Lower blood cortisol levels
- More feelings of well-being
- Less stress
- Deeper relaxation
5 Steps on How To Meditate
This meditation exercise is an excellent introduction to meditation techniques.
- Start with an Intent what it is you need answers for or clarity on
- Sit or lie comfortably. You may even want to invest in a meditation chair or cushion.
- Close your eyes. We recommend using one of our Cooling Eye Masks or Restorative Eye Pillows if lying down.
- Make no effort to control your breathing; simply breathe naturally.
- Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation.
Setting Up a Meditation Room + Checklist
Setting up a meditation room or area is pretty easy just need to have a few key items. Grab that from the checklist below just enter your email. It took me all of 20 minutes to get everything sorted and start. I took up meditation as a way of coping with my then sad and stressing life. It benefitted me by giving me insights into my situation to make better decisions.