Do you have a mountain high to-do list like I do? Bullet Journal Spreads may be your solution. As we speak I’m trying to speed through his post as I have 45 minutes to write, load checklist, and social media the heck out it so you can get it and end up here.
After which I have to drop the kids to school, check in with the teachers, pick up some arts and craft items for the girls, drop in at the bank, organize the first steps to a dinner party, pick up the kids from dancing and karate, stop for snacks before we hit the after work traffic, cook dinner, help with homework and start bedtime routine for the kid. Oh, you can grab that Morning/bedtime routine activity checklist for your kids right here. All that I have written down about a week ago because in order to be able to have my wine every now and then I have to organize my life with Bullet Journal Spreads.
HOW DO YOU GET ALL THAT DONE?
Planning and spreadsheets, that is how. All that activity I mentioned before is all on ONE today, only today aaaaand, if I’m not careful half of it, will not get done. I have to organize my day if not it will go to sh…… I started the Bullet Journal System because I keep dropping the ball, you can also grab the Bullet Journal Starter kit here too. Believe me when I say it changed my life. This starter kit includes a buying list of:
- Top Bullet Journal Notebooks
- Top of the Line Starter Pens
- Bleed Resistant Markers
- Calendar stamps
All used and tested and with raving reviews from advanced Bullett Journal Gurus.
That is how I got started but then I had my stepdaughter move in and my life became a lot more hectic with one whole other person to fit into my schedule. My alternative was to customize my Bullet Journal Spreads to include her activities and needs. That is when figured there must be an easy way to implement new people or new tasks into my life without losing my marbles. I made a digital copy of my Bullet Journal Spreads I used, bought a binder and then started to take that binder in the car. I fell in love with my system all over again. Same concept but now:
- FULLY customisable
- Able to add information on the fly
- Keep in the know
HOW HARD IS IT TO GET STARTED WITH CUSTOMIZABLE BULLET JOURNAL SPREADS?
Note, the key to the bullet journal system is complete customization. A personality in the pages that is all you. It’s even cheaper to customize your pages the set up is much easier and more personal, it’s easy:
- Purchase a cute binder I suggest Candy Colour and EZSos Leather Notebook Cover
- Print the pages that you need. The standard size is A5 however you can always print on 46 or A4 paper
- Purchase Adjustable 6-Hole Organizer / Diary Punch.
All this information is included in this Planning Kit.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SET UP?
Setting up your customisable Bullet Journal/ Planner kit takes only minutes. I have included suggestions on what your daily and weekly spread can potentially look like. There is no need to spend any time drawing your sections the pages have already been sectioned with three different styles to choose from. However, there is still room to incorporate some colours and flashy headers. I know that is what brings that POW WOW to your journal. Print the layouts, punch the holes and place in your empty binder and you’re all set! It’s as easy as that.
WHY NOT HAVE ALL POSSIBLE LAYOUTS NEEDED?
These first posts are for the beginner bullet journalist and having all those papers will just overwhelm you, it did exactly that for me. I could hardly tell the difference between a Bullet Journal daily spread versus a weekly spread. Take it slow, I want you to stick it out because it does work.
WHAT’S THE BEST METHOD TO EFFECTIVELY USE BULLET JOURNAL TO ACCOMPLISH MY TASKS?
I covered this in my first Bullet Journal post, which also has a starter kit, but I will give some highlights. The system works because you are able to do 5 things:
- Always plan ahead – Future Log /Monthly Log
- Set realistic goals – There is so much you can accomplish in one day
- Track Bad Habits – You may be wasting time on social media, taking too long answering emails. Trackers keep you knowing where your time is going or what habits that need to be curbed
- Visually understand where you are with what tasks are most important – Highlight your MAJOR Tasks with colours, stickers or post it tags this will help in a huge way to see as you open your journal what needs to be dealt with first
- In order to fill out your daily spread, you have to check the day before and reschedule what was not done and migrate others for another week. This whole process will keep you completely ORGANIZE.
Accomplishing all your tasks will not be easy at first but it will become easy and FUN because of how the system allows you to always know where each task is in your process.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Now that’s the easiest question I can answer. Just ENTER your email and grab those FREE Bullet Journal Spreads.