Don’t wait until your blog gets to one year before you start monetizing your posts, sidebar and add ons, do so right away. Listed below are 15 plus ways to monetise the blog that is sure to get you from $0 to at least $2000 per month. Note that each will take work and its best to focus on each, master it then upgrade your services from there.
15 Ways To Monetize your Blog
- Offer a free checklist or guide – Think about your niche and see what your audience would need help with. Essentially give away your best tips for free
- Use affiliate links – You can do so by using them within blog posts or using them on your sidebar. Also, think about your audience and what resources will they be looking to purchase and find an affiliate program that will assist with that. Amazon, ShareASale and Commission Junction are great places to start.
- Write Tutorials – A tutorial is a great way to promote your other products and services. Write it and promote it to advertisers other blogs as well as your audience
- Private Boot Camp – This works for the fitness niche as well as launching a website, home makeover etc. Offer a 7/15/30 day boot camp to achieve a certain goal.
- Create a Product for sale – If you are creative in any sort, baking, web design, printables you can create your own products and sell them in your own shop that you create with Woocommerce.
- Write an Ebook – This can be a major selling product for you and it is not as hard as you think. Just choose a category on your blog and collect all the post, edit and format to fit the size you want and voila you are an Ebook writer.
- Teach a course – This does take some work but for sure you can make a lot of money from this as you can price it anywhere from $50 dollars to $2000 depending on your content and audience. Check out places like LearnDash and Zippy courses which are WordPress plugins. External sources are the popular Udemy and Skillshare
- Sponsored Content – This is where you may have to do some leg work. Visit business in your niche and make a pitch to host their ads or their products on your blog.
- Coaching – Coaching is a huge niche on its own. There are coaches for coaches, lifestyle coaches, blogging coaches, relationship coaches and the list goes on. Based on your niche you can check out if there is anything you have mastered and offer your services as a coach. Coaches are also where you can set prices from free to $2000.
- Sell Ad Spaces – Once you have your traffic “on point” you can start offering ads spaces on your blog. If you want to know how to increase your blog traffic you can get some pointers here
- Membership Platforms – This is where you will offer premium content such as an ebook, whitepaper, downloadable guide, etc. What this means is that your audience will pay a monthly subscription to access first had and exclusive content from you. Here I would suggest MemberPress which is a WordPress plugin.
- Product Review – Here it takes some leg work once again. You can reach out to local business or sign up for blogger programs that will send you products to review. There are places like Influenster that does a great job of this.
- Resources Page – When you have created a bunch of free lists, guides or ebooks you can host them all in an area for your Free Resources and direct your traffic to that area.
- Dropship products – Interested in selling products on your blog, but don’t want to deal with shipping and inventory? Dropshipping is a great way to sell products with very little risk. The potential here is huge – just look what furniture retailer Wayfair has done using this model!
- Public Speaking – Your blog can directly earn you money online, but that’s not your only option. Leverage the knowledge and expertise you’ve built up through your blog to offer your services as a local speaker or presenter
- Sell Templates for other bloggers and audience – A good template can save your audience time and money. Templates can work in almost any niche: Business – new client contract template; Fitness – 30-day workout template; Health – 3-month clean eating template, etc.
- Social Media Sponsorship – Give businesses some airtime on your Facebook page, or post sponsored tweets or Instagram pics. These are ridiculously quick and easy to post, and you can charge anywhere from $25-$500+ per post depending on the size of your audience.
- Offer Consulting Services – There’s a need for consultants in nearly every niche. Charge by the hour for the phone, email or Skype advice you’re probably already giving away for free.
Now you have been armed go forth and blog. If you still have not started a blog you can do so with WordPress and Siteground right here. Or just check out the Blogging in 1-2-3 tab and get all your how to start a blog needs filled.